The Watts Rams youth football program focuses on strong moral character, positive values, personal responsibility and a commitment to academics as their principles. The program inspires student-athletes to strive to become positive leaders not only in football in Watts, but in life more broadly, wherever it takes them.
- Age: 8 to 14
- Where: Dymally High School
- When: Wednesday - Friday; 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; With weekend games
- Start and End Date: Season: September to December. Summer camp: June to August
- Leaders: Officer Zarren Thompson and Officer Percy Roberts
- Get Involved: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.thewattsrams.com/
Meet Percy and Evan
Thirteen-year-old Evan met Coach Percy Roberts at the Soap Box Derby, which was a partner of Project Blue’s until it ended in 2020. Evan followed Coach Percy to the Watts Rams football team. “Coach Percy is strong and don’t play no games,” said Evan of the Watts Rams coach. “He makes sure you’re the best version of yourself.”
Coach Percy is equally fond of Evan: “One thing that stands out to me is his drive and determination to succeed,” said Coach Percy.